top of page

Transferring Service

From One Address to Another:

To transfer utility service, you must:

  • Already have water service with an account in your name

  • Have a good payment history*

  • Be relocating within the county

The current water bill balance must be paid in full before the transfer request can be completed.

Please notify the Water Department within one working day of when you would like the new service to start.

Transfer service online, in-person, or by phone:

Complete the Water Service Application Form and indicate you are transferring service when prompted. 




In-person:  Madison County Water Department

                       94 Spring Lake Drive

                       Danielsville, GA 30633


By Phone:  (706) 795-9865

You will need to verify the information the Madison County Water Department currently has on file. 

*Good Payment History
A good payment history requires that you have:

  • No disconnects for non-payment

  • No more than two late payments in 24 months

  • No returned checks

bottom of page